Kasturyadi Gutika (or Vayu Gutika/ Vati) is an Ayurvedic medicine mainly used in Vata Vaigunya (neurological and neuro-muscular disorders), Vata Kaphaj Jwar (fever due to vitiated Vata and Kapha dosha), Shwasa Roga (asthma and dyspnoea) etc. It is named so because of Kasturi (musk), which is the main ingredient of Kasturyadi Gutika.
Ayurvedic Tablets (Vati or Gulika) - Introduction, how to prepare & preserve
Ingredients of Kasturyadi Gutika
- Kasturi (Mrigamada) - 1 Part
- Kiriyat (Kiratatikta) - 1 Part
- Aratta (Rasna) - 1 Part
- Gandhamarjara virya - 1 Part
- Kanta bhasma (Lauha) - 1 Part
- Indu (Karpura) - 1 Part
- Jatiphala - 1 Part
- Yava kshara (Yava) - 1 Part
- Sarjika kshara - 1 Part
- Haritaki - 1 Part
- Bibhitaka - 1 Part
- Amalaki - 1 Part
- Tvak - 1 Part
- Ela (Sukshmaila) - 1 Part
- Patra (tejapatra) - 1 Part
- Hiravi - 1 Part
- Shveta Jiraka - 1 Part
- Krishna Jiraka - 1 Part
- Dipyaka (Ajamoda) - 1 Part
- Agaragrahi (Akarakarabha) - 1 Part
- Shatahva - 1 Part
- Yashti - 1 Part
- Karayampu (Lavanga) - 1 Part
- Kavi (Gairika) - 1 Part
- Toyam (Hrivera) - 1 Part
- Rasa (rasa Sindura) - 1 Part
- Paranki - 1 Part
- Pashupashi - 1 Part
- Candana (Shveta chandana) - 1 Part
- Vacha - 1 Part
- Chinoshana (kankola) - 1 Part
- Shunthi - 1 Part
- Maricha - 1 Part
- Pippali - 1 Part
- Ponkara (tankana) - Shuddha - 1 Part
- Anjana - Shuddha - 1 Part
- Vajranaga (Vastanabha) - Shuddha - 1 Part
- Manayola (Manahshila) - 1 Part
- Ashali (Chakramarda) - 1 Part
- Chayilya (Hingula) - 1 Part
- Salila (Jala) or Payas (Godugdha) or Bhringaraja svarasa - Q.S.
(Reference: Sahasrayoga, Gutikaprakarana- 8)
1 tablet (125 mg) twice daily after meal or as directed by the physician.
Jiraka Kwatha (a decoction made from cumin seed)
- Vata Vaigunya (Abnormality of Vata dosha)
- Vata Kapha Jvara (Fever due to Vata dosha and Kapha dosha)
- Shvasa (Dyspnoea/Asthma)
- In neurological problems or neuro-muscular problems like paralysis, sciatica etc. Kasturyadi Gutika 125mg, Brihat Vata Chintamani Ras 125mg, Yogaraj Gugul or Trayodashang Gugul 500mg, Chandraprabha Vati 500mg and Kamdudha Ras 250mg is used. (This should not be used without physician's advice).
- In fever with chill or rigour, fever with a cough, heaviness of head or body aches, Kasturyadi Gutika 125mg, Mahasudarshan Vati 250mg, Sitopladi Churna 250mg, Godanti Bhasma 500mg is used along with honey or lukewarm water.
- In respiratory problems like dyspnoea and asthma, it is taken in a dose of 125mg with Sitopladi Churna 500mg, Abhraka Bhasma 75mg with an anupana of Nayopayam Kashayam or Dashmoola Katutrayam Kashayam.
Side Effects, Pregnancy Safety & Precaution
- It may cause Pitta related problems like burning sensation, delirium, gastric erosion etc. if taken for a long time or Pitta prakruti people.
- It should not be used continuously for more than 21 days. After a gap of few days, it's consumption may be repeated.
- Kasturyadi Gutika is a very special Ayurvedic medicine with Ushna Veerya (hot potency). It contains purified and processed heavy metals also. It should be taken only under a good Ayurveda physician's advice.
- It should be avoided in pregnancy.
Arthrozyl Capsules: Effective remedy for sciatica and neurological pain