Panchakarma is a specialised treatment of Ayurveda which is very much helpful to treat and cure chronic diseases and to rejuvenate our body. We need a specialised Ayurveda doctor, trained therapists, equipment, Ayurvedic massage oil and other medicines etc. are the basic requirements of a Panchakarma Centre. If you want to open an Ayurveda Centre, this article is for you. Read it till the end, and you will be able to clarify all your queries.
Read: What is Panchakarma?
If you want to open an Ayurveda Centre or Ayurveda Wellness Centre then you may have a very common question in your mind. And that question is what are the requirements of a panchakarma centre? Many of my clients or visitors of this website also ask the same. After reading this post, hope your queries will be resolved.
Want to Open an Ayurveda Centre
When someone wants to open an Ayurveda Centre, there are lots of questions about what to do, how to do, what are the requirements etc. come to the mind. The requirements of an Ayurveda & Panchakarma Centre could be summed up under the following points. After going through the full article, you will get answers to all your queries.
- Ayurveda Doctor
- Panchakarma Technician or Therapist
- A receptionist
- A cleaning staff/ sweeper
- Panchakarma equipment
- Ayurvedic medicines and massage oil
- A therapy room with attached toilet
- Accessories- Stove, Gas, Induction, Bowls etc.
- Capital investment, expenses, a miscellaneous requirement
- Profit or earnings from a Panchakarma Centre or Ayurveda Wellness Centre
Below, I will explain in brief about some of the above-mentioned points which you may need an explanation.
An Ayurveda Doctor
Anyone who wants to Open an Ayurveda Centre should be aware that the main pillar of such centre is a good Ayurveda doctor. He must have a graduate degree (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery or BAMS) or post-graduation in Ayurveda (MD or MS in Ayurveda). He should be registered in Ayurveda board of any state from which he belongs to or registered as Ayurveda practitioner from CCIM (Central Council of Indian Medicine). He may have a certificate course/ diploma in Panchakarma or got extensive training in Panchakarma from a reputed institution or hospital. For a centre, one or more Ayurveda doctor may be recruited depending upon the infrastructure and need.
Panchakarma Technician or Therapist
A person, who is well trained and successfully completed a basic course in Panchakarma therapy is recruited as Panchakarma Therapist. For a Panchakarma centre, minimum 1 male and 1 female therapist are required.
A Receptionist or Front Desk Executive
An executive with good communication skill may be recruited to take care of all the walk-in clients and patients. An executive or personal is also helpful in attending telephonic enquiries and booking an appointment on the call.
A Cleaning Staff or Sweeper
A wellness centre should be hygienic and clean. After every therapy, the therapy room should be clean. For this purpose, a regular staff should be recruited to perform all the cleaning requirements.
To perform various therapies and treatments, a set of some equipment is required. A few types of equipment are Droni (Ayurvedic massage table), Shirodhara stand and Shirodhara vessel, Swedana Yantram (Steam chamber & Steam generator), Vasti Yantra (enema set) etc.
Ayurvedic medicines and massage oil
For all types of Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapies, Ayurvedic medicines or oils are required. These are chosen by the Ayurveda doctor depending upon the condition of the patient and then prescribed accordingly.
A therapy room with attached toilet
For a start, a room of minimum 12 x 15 ft size with attached toilet is a must for an Ayurveda Panchakarma & Wellness Centre. This room is used to give therapies to patients. 2 or more therapy rooms may also be set depending upon your investment capacity.
Accessories – Stove, Gas, Induction, Bowls etc.
Some of the accessories like an arrangement of cooking gas or induction to heat oil, prepare the decoction, frying leaves or powder is required. Also, some of the cooking bowls, frying pan, spoon are other kitchen items which should be arranged as and when needed.
The initial investment, expenses, the miscellaneous requirement
For opening a fully furnished Ayurveda clinic & Panchakarma centre, capital investment is required for infrastructure and medicines. Also, there should be an arrangement of working capital for a few months until the clinic starts earning its expenses. The initial investment amount may vary depending on the site location and facilities you want to provide. The investment and expenses will be categorised under the following points:
- Equipment and training (₹ 2,00,000 to ₹ 15,00,000)
- Salary to the staff (₹ 75,000 to ₹ 1,00,000)
- Therapy Medicines cost (₹ 25,000 to 75,000)
- Therapy disposable accessory cost (₹ 10,000 to ₹ 20,000)
- House rent (if applicable)
- Electricity Bill
- Stationary and other miscellaneous expenses
Services offered at Ayurveda Clinics & Panchakarma Centres
Through an Ayurveda Clinic, one can offer the following services
- Consultation with Ayurveda physician
- Sale of Ayurvedic medicines and natural products
- Panchakarma therapy
- Detoxification & rejuvenation packages
- Kerala traditional therapies
- Beauty therapies
- Disease-specific treatment packages
- Prakriti analysis
- Ayurveda dietary advice
- Yoga advice
- Psychological counselling
- Lifestyle and behaviour modification advice
Profit or earnings from a Panchakarma Centre or Ayurveda Wellness Centre
Now the most important question, What profit will I get in return for this investment in an Ayurveda Wellness Centre? And the answer to this question depends on your business capability, managerial skills, behaviour and dealing with your clients and patients. And you know this applies to every business.
Nowadays, you are also very much familiar with the fact that Ayurveda and Wellness sector is in a boom. Many of the business groups are investing in this field. Now the era is of Ayurveda, we all want to get rid of the continuous use of harmful chemicals and steroids in our medicines. Ayurveda is a scientifically proven and time-tested traditional Indian system of medicine and healthcare.
Hope you liked the post, if you have any queries related to this post, please share below in comment box.
How we can help you setting up an Ayurveda Center
- Complete Project Planning, consulting and execution
- Supply of Panchakarma equipment & disposables
- Supply of best quality Panchakarma Oils & Classical Ayurvedic Medicines (Bulk pack)
- Supply of experienced Ayurvedic doctors & trained Panchakarma therapists
- Individual & Group Panchakarma training in a Panchakarma centre
How can we hire Ayurvedic center planner or expert from Ayurvite Wellness to start our Ayurvedic center?
You can hire Ayurvite Wellness experts as a consulting agency and facilitator to start your own Ayurveda business.
We can help in –
- Supply of Ayurvedic and Panchakarma equipment
- Supply of Ayurvedic medicines – bulk and retail pack. Also available in your hospital’s label and custom packing
- Hiring of human resources – Ayurvedic doctors, Panchakarma therapists etc.
- Online marketing, Website designing, SEO, Graphics designing, brochure and flyers designing, software development and many more…